Monday, January 14, 2013

Monday Mumbo Jumbo

I loved Amy's "Sunday Social" link up, but since I'm a day late and thousands of dollars short I decided to use it as part of my Monday Mumbo Jumbo.  Let's get to it, shall we?

1. What is the name of your blog? How long have you been blogging?

The name of my blog is "Mama's Gettin' Real" but I'm actually thinking of changing it up a bit once I get the new blog design.  I'm a baby blogger and only just started last September.  Or maybe August.  Either way, not long.


2. Why do you blog?

I started because I wanted to have a place to post all of my crafts and recipes and pictures of my kiddos.  It has now become a place for me to document my weight loss journey, vent about life, meet new people, and make sure there is plenty of evidence of all of my awesomeness.  I kid, I kid not really.

3. What is the first blog you ever followed? 
The first blog I ever followed was Holly's.  She is absolutely adorable and I love reading about her, her precious kids, kooky husband, and her "inner fat girl" lol!

4. What is your favorite post you wrote in 2012?
One of my favorite posts was when I wrote a letter to Kason and a letter to Kutter for their 6th Birthday.  You can read it here.  So many times because they are "twins", people (including me) tend to forget about them as individuals and writing these letters to them made me really focus on their differences and how much I love them not just together, but apart. 

5. What are your blogging goals for 2013?  
I agree with Amy, I'd like to quit my job and blog full time (getting paid for it of course)!  But my realistic goals are to just keep gaining new followers and hopefully inspiring people, or at least entertaining them as much as possible.

 

6. Top 3 favorite blogs to follow?

My top 3 favorite blogs are: Lindsey (Nancy Clue), Mel (4kottez), and Lora (Raising Steppe Sisters) I have lots more, but those are definitely a few that I make sure to check daily!

So that about wraps it up for today.  My weekend wasn't very exciting, although we did go bowling Saturday night at an older bowling alley that was like stepping back in time, bowling Big Lebowski style.  It was a lot of fun and I think next time we want to bowl we will go there instead of the larger, fancier, much more expensive bowling alley we usually go to.  Oh and can SOMEONE please take down that pretty boy Tom Brady and the Patriots??  I could care less about any of the teams that are left in the play-offs, but I CANNOT stand Tom Brady and I don't want to have to boycott the Super Bowl because he's in it!  That is all :)

Just kidding, I forgot to mention that this morning I decided to be ballsy and try on an OLD ASS pair of pants, and guess what??  They FIT ME!!  I haven't been in a size 10 in well...it's been too damn long.  And even if they aren't a "true 10" and I can't fit into anything else that size just yet, I don't give a you know what!  I'm getting closer to single digits, YAY!!!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout-out girlfriend!!!! I am so excited for you and that efffin' pair of size 10! hell yes!!!!! way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww you are so sweet... so so sweet. Yay for a size 10.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on those size 10's. love your top 3 favorite blogs as well. I am just starting out myself..so I am like a baby fetus.. I really enjoy it and hope to get better as I continue.

    ReplyDelete