Wednesday, October 24, 2012

From Mama With Love

Happy Birthday Kason & Kutter!




My dearest Kutter,
Happy Birthday!  Today, you are turning 6 years old.  I can't believe it has been 6 whole years since I first laid eyes on you and fell in love.  It seems like just yesterday I was laying in the operating room, waiting ever so patiently for  the doctors and nurses to lift you up so I could meet you in person for the first time.  Of course, we already "knew" each other very well.  You had been inside of my tummy for 36 precious weeks.  I knew your every movement.  Every kick, every hiccup, every flip (and sometimes the gymnastics it felt like you were doing on mommy's bladder).  I knew your heart as I had seen it on the screen so many times.  And you knew me.  My heartbeat.  My voice.  My laugh.  My warmth.  And hopefully, my love.  As close as we already were, nothing could compare with the bond that we immediately shared the moment I saw you and held you in my arms for the very first time.  I knew that your brother would be joining us soon, but for a brief moment, it was just us.  You were my only child for that minute.  My very first baby.  You and I have always had a special bond.  You have always been the "Mama's Boy" (and not in the mean way sometimes people tease others about).  You are kind and compassionate and so empathetic that it is sometimes hard for me to watch as you feel so wholeheartedly for others.  You are a worrier and a nurturer, just like me.  You would do anything, give up anything, be anything for your brother.  I know he is too young to realize how lucky he is to have you.  But one day, he will understand.  He will look back and see the undying love you have for him and he will appreciate all of the ways that you cared for him and loved him all of these years.  You are funny and quirky.  You make me laugh all of the time, and for that, I am grateful.  I love your spirit, and so many others do too.  You are loved and blessed beyond belief.  I hope that the past 6 years have been as wonderful for you as they have been for me.  You are my baby, forever and always.
I love you sweet boy.
Love,
Mama


Meeting you for the very first time.
 
 
Always making mama laugh :)
 

Cheesin'!

 
My little cutie pie!

No words necessary.


My dear sweet Kason,
Happy Birthday love!  You are 6 years old today, my how time flies!  When you were born, I remember holding you in my arms and looking at you through tear filled eyes, thinking how perfect you were.  The silly nurses had written "B" on your cap, for Baby "B" (as your brother was obviously Baby "A").  Everyone kept asking me what your names would be, who would be who.  I wasn't worried about that at the time, I just wanted to hold you.  But as I held you, as I stroked your cheek and tuned out the hustle and bustle around us, I knew.  I knew you were my Kason.  I hadn't even had a chance to hold your brother for that long, but I knew.  A strong name for a strong baby boy.  You were smaller than your brother, but I knew you were full of strength and that you would be a force to reckon with as you got older.  And boy was I ever right about that!  You are strong.  You are solid.  You are fierce.  You are stubborn as hell!  You are loving and caring.  You are my rock.  We have been through a lot over the past 6 years, and you have been resilient through it all.  You are brave and mighty and wise beyond your years.  Though you are often serious, you have a silly side too.  Your facial expressions can change my mood in a split second.  You know I can't resist your charm, and you use it on me daily!  I love you for that.  You remind me that even though you act like you're grown, you are just a little boy.  My little boy.  And you are your brother's protector.  You may act tough, but I see how you look out for him.  I see you watching him out of the corner of your eye.  I see you running to his side the second you think he needs help.  You are always there for him, and as he gets older, he will appreciate that more and more.  You may be a minute younger and a little smaller in size, but you are definitely the "big brother".  He loves you with his whole heart.  And so do I.  I love you so much that it makes my heart ache.  I am astounded by you, as are the many friends and family that love you so dearly.  I have loved every minute of the past 6 years of being your mama.  Thank you for loving me back.  As our favorite book says, "I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always. As long as I'm living, my baby you'll be."
I love you baby boy.
Love,
Mama

I know exactly who you are, my Kason Britt.
 
Love.
 
 
This used to be your favorite picture taking face!

 
You and your silly faces!

 
See what I mean?  I can't resist that!
 
 

And now a *few* of my favorites of you two from over the years...
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

 

 

 

 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

 

 
 
Love you both to the moon and back.
 
 











No comments:

Post a Comment