I don't like the word "resolution", and I feel like saying I have "New Year's Resolutions" is a sure way to set myself up for failure. So instead, I am making some "goals" for 2013. Things that I am going to strive for, not "have to do or else 2013 is a failure". So, without further ado, here are this girl's 2013 GOALS:
1. Be a better ME and love myself for it. I have a lot of battles that I go through internally, and I need to overcome them so I can enjoy myself and my everyday life. I'm stuck with myself forever, so I might as well love myself!
2. Stop overanalyzing EVERYTHING. I can seriously create new problems and an anxiety attack in 9.7 seconds flat just by overthinking a simple comment by someone else, or a thought that I have. It's extremely stressful and creates unneccesary worries.
3. Be more PRESENT (this is like a by-product of #2). Sometimes I feel like I'm just going through the motions. Whether it's at work or at home, I feel like so much time and so many precious moments just pass me by. I let my mind wander, worries dictate my thoughts, and I miss way too much. I need to learn to live in the moment.
4. Be more MINDFUL of the things I put in my mouth
5. Stop being afraid to be BETTER. Different workouts are scary to me because I think I'm not going to be strong enough. Clearly I'll never be strong enough if I don't start at all. When I began the 30 Day Shred last week, I was terrified. I didn't want that mean bitch Jillian to laugh in my face or to feel like an ass if I couldn't breathe or finish a workout. But I sucked it up and grew a pair and now after Day 5, I am feeling strong. I think I will do one/two more days of Workout 1 and then move on to Workout 2. I can and WILL be better before it's all said and done!
6. Stop trying to please EVERYONE ELSE. I am a people pleaser and I hate it. I worry so much about making everyone around me happy, that I tend to sacrifice my own happiness. I get stressed the eff out trying to be everywhere and do everything that other people expect me to be/do. Christmas for example, I almost locked myself in the bathroom with a bottle(s) of wine and said to hell with everyone else because I was sick and tired of trying to get schedules aligned in order to please the masses. I guarantee no one else was stressing out trying to please ME. No more folks, no more!
7. Stop worrying what OTHER people think. Sometimes I don't say things I want or post things that I want on here because I don't want anyone to judge me or think differently of me. Well, guess what? That's going to stop. I can't change who I am, and attempting to do so is not going to help me achieve any of the goals that I have previously mentioned. If you don't like me, or my choices, or my habits or lifestyle, then kindly remove yourself from my FB, IG, or this blog.
8. Get better at this BLOGGING thing. I have met some amazing ladies because of this little blog, and I can only imagine that it's going to get better this year! Hopefully I'll get to meet some of you face to face, expand my list of followers to triple digits, and motivate yall the way you motivate me! And for those of you that I already "know" in real life, I hope this snapshot into my journey will help you understand me better, bring us closer, and help us rock the shit out of 2013 together!
9. I don't have a 9th, but I can't end on an even number. Maybe that should be a goal...stop being so OCD and anal about my little quirks. Ahh...baby steps!
Oh and that list is not in order, that's just how it all came out. Now, I'm going to play in the "incredible tent" that the boys built in the living room and enjoy the rest of our time off!
Do you see any of your "goals" in mine? What big plans do you have for yourself in 2013? Go big or go home folks!