Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Tell Me About It Tuesday

It's Tuesday, so let me tell you about some things that are going on! 

Thanks Ryan
He just gets it.

First, today was my first 'official' day back at work WITH kids (yesterday we had a "work day" and in case any of my bosses are reading this, I'll just leave it at that) after a two week break.  It was also the starting day for my Student Teacher.  I was scared for her.  A two week Christmas break is great for a teacher's mind, but terrible for a child's mind.  They can lose so much in that short period when they are out of their normal routine and not being fed all of that awesome knowledge that I feed them daily.  I was certain they were going to be batshit crazy and scare this poor girl off, making her change her mind about teaching and head to McDonald's to fill out an application.  Luckily for her, they were all excited to be back and all but one of them were on their very best behavior.  I could be that great of a teacher, or they could just still be on Santa overload and not care what's going on.  Either way, it was a pleasant first day back. 

oh, if he only came in at 3pm to give us a "hey girl".
Thanks, I worked hard on that.

I have been nervous about the whole Student Teacher thing for many reasons.  1) Is because I'm really not a "people" person.  *How can she say that and be a teacher you may be wondering.*  And the answer is...I have no effing clue.  I can deal with kids with no problem, but it's adults that I have a hard time with.  Not all adults, just the ones that piss me off.  2) I'm used to having my own "space" and being able to shoo away 4 and 5 year olds who like to invade it.  They are easily distracted so besides the usual hug or kiss I can get rid of them quickly.  But having another adult (and female at that) in my space ALL DAY, EVERY DAY, well...that's a different story.  She may not enjoy my form of shooing her away.  3) Let's just face it, women are crazy and can have so many different personalities it's unreal.  I'm a nutcase, no need to lie here.  Put a bunch of crazies in a classroom together and you never know what's going to happen.

Thanks, Adam Levine, for understanding.
Thank you for noticing, Adam!

BUT, this girl seems *normal* (although that may not be saying much considering my standards idk) and we get along really great so far.  She didn't stay stuck up my ass all day and made herself at home around the kids, which was great because I didn't want to feel like I was babysitting anyone.  Again, it's only been ONE day, but I am being optimistic where the eff did that come from.  I am going to attempt to embrace having her in our room, do my best to teach her everything I know, and enjoy having extra help (like when she has "Full Responsibility" for two weeks at a time, holla!!).  I didn't have the greatest experience when I was student teaching, so hopefully I can help her to enjoy this journey as much as possible.  I know I joke a lot about what I do and make jokes regarding the shenanigans that go down in my classroom, but I truly do love what I do and I hope to pass along my passion to her. Gag.

bahaha I need this.
Who else is excited I now get to go pee
whenever I need to, and don't have to hold
it for 3+ hours??  No one?  Screw you.

On a side note, I have been thinking about reaching out to some of my co-workers about forming a little "work out group" that meets up a couple of times a week after work.  We have a nice track a few streets over from our School and it would be the perfect place for us to get our sweat on.  I am getting bored just doing Jillian because we're not doing it the right way and I don't want to get complacent.  I think if I mix things up and go running one day, play tennis with Christopher another, workout with the girls another, and so on, it will keep my body guessing and hopefully my mind from talking itself out of getting work done.  *On a side note, Christopher has offered many times to workout with me or have me join his group of workout buddies in the morning, I'm just not ready for all that testosterone and I'm still too self conscious to work out with a bunch of dudes.  One of these days...*  Do yall have any thoughts on how I can make this co-worker work out happen?  I kind of feel like I'm not "qualified" to start such a group because I am not in any kind of shape besides chubby (yeah, it's my own special shape) and am not an exercise expert by any means.  But, I know a little and probably enough to get us started.  What do yall think?




4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the eye candy today! You are totally qualified because you have the drive to get moving. You can use that to motivate your co-workers. I was surprised with the amount of my co-workers that wanted to go for walks at lunch. Don't be afraid to ask!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy! I'm going to get my game plan together and email everyone by Thursday! And yay for lunchtime walks, sounds fun!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a great idea to keep you motivated, I say go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I say go for it! Just mention that you are going walking if anyone wants to join you. It doesn't have to be a big deal...but normally, people want someone to organize stuff like this. I'm always the organizer..and it's super big motivation for you too because you freaking organized it so you can't miss! lol

    I love the pics you used, hilarious!!

    ReplyDelete