Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Jump on the bandwagon

So if you aren't a cool kid and you haven't joined Instagram, you should.  It's like a baby version of Facebook...I guess.  And just when I "mastered" Instagram, I found out about "Keek".  Keek is like the video version of Instagram.  You post 30 second or less videos of...well...I guess whatever you want!  I haven't quite figured out if there is supposed to be a "purpose" behind the videos or if they are just random.  I'm gonna go with random.  Especially since that's what mine have been.  Total nonsense.  Doesn't that sound fantastic?  You know you're gonna go google it.  It's free, just do it already!  And it's fun to say.  Keek.  Keek.  Kegel.  Yeah I always want to say Kegel instead of Keek.  But don't knock the kegel!  That's a whole other awkward post...(My username for IG and Keek are: katsweb09.)

Anywho, through IG and this amazing lady Jennifer, I have started the #merryplanksmas challenge.  Everyday you have to do a plank (and no not the kind where you lay on some random object, this one actually has physical benefits) for as long as you can.  The obvious goal is to get better and better as time goes on and see how long you can plank.  It may sound silly, but it's a good motivater and it's fun to try and beat your time each day.  And I'm gonna have (the beginnings of) a tight ass core and abs and great arms when it's all said and done!  If you decide to join in, just use the hashtag #merryplanksmas on IG or you can do the same on Facebook and hopefully I'll see it!

This was my time the very first time I did it.

This was my time just a couple of days later.
And that is me in the corner because I couldn't hold my head up.

Here are a couple of pictures of "planks".  You can do them in push-up form, or on your elbows.  I do the elbow version.  It is harder, but it's more comfortable for my gimp shoulder.  I am not a workout or medical expert (shocker I know), so please advise someone other than myself if you have more questions or concerns.

Push-up Plank


Elbow Plank
 
The other challenge I found through IG was the squats challenge.  I don't remember who started it, but here's the jist of it.  Everyday you do a certain number of squats, and each day the number goes up.  Easy enough, right?  Eff no!  Squats suck.  A lot.  Like I'd rather get kicked in the face with a golf shoe kinda sucks.  But, each day I dread them, and then do them.  Again, may sound like a silly challenge, but you won't think so when I've got the best booty this side of the Brazos! 



It's not too late to start!

2 comments:

  1. man, I have been slacking on the squats!!!! I need to do just a few at a time throughout the day...maybe each time I go to the bathroom at work?! lol

    ReplyDelete