Monday, October 1, 2012

No turning back now...

Alright, it's official y'all.  I am signed up for the "Christmas 5K Fun Run at Santa's Wonderland" in November!  I am skeeeeered to death, but also a little excited.  I started the "C25K" program today, and I think it is going to be very helpful.  I'm not gonna lie, the big seller for the race was that the last mile goes right through the lights at Santa's Wonderland!  If you know me at all you know that I LOVE CHRISTMAS LIGHTS!  Seriously, I'm like Buddy the Elf staring at the big tree in Central Park everytime I see lights!  Hopefully I will get most of my "running" done in the first two miles because I have no doubt I am going to be extremely distracted on the last part!
 
 
 
I haven't decided if I'm going to set a "goal" time to finish, or if just finishing is going to be my goal!  I guess I will see how the next few weeks of "training" go and I will decide from there.  Regardless, I will be there!  Knowing the race is 50 days away is GREAT motivation to not let up on my workouts and to also watch what I put in my mouth (bahaha you are my true friend if you got durty for a second)!  To be honest, the past few days have been huge failures in the "healthy eating" department.  But the difference between the old me and the new me is that instead of letting that minor setback make me completely give up, I have accepted that I wasn't disciplined enough, and I know what I need to do in order to have a better week.
 
If you are interested in this particular 5K, go to:
 
 
 
Merry Christmas my skanky followers!


No comments:

Post a Comment