Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Valentines Schmalentines

Hey gals.  I'm not sure if you know this, but tomorrow is Valentine's Day.  Shocking, I know if you live under a rock and/or are color blind.  I love and hate this holiday for many reasons.  Since I don't want my PMS to dominate this post, I'm not going to talk about those reasons.  Instead, I'm going to show you the overachiever valentines we did for K&K's class party tomorrow. 


I originally saw a similar idea here, but remembered that I'm cheap and wasn't going to fork out the $ for all 21 kids to have their own bubble wand.  Luckily my home away from home, the Dollar Tree, was speaking my language and had bubbles packaged 3 for a $1.  That I could work with.  I made and printed 'tags' and Monday night had the boys sit down and (very reluctantly) sign their name 21 times.  As a teacher, I loved it and used it to my full advantage to harp on them about handwriting.  I know, I'm mean.  After the tags were signed I punched holes in them, put some ribbon through, and tied them to the bubbles.  And voila!




I'll put the link for the v-day tag template up when I get home.

For my students in my class, even though I'm not technically their teacher this week, we made these for their parents.  When I was a student teacher my mentor teacher did this and it's something I've done for years.  Well when I remember to.


We will also be taking a class "mustache" picture for our "We mustache you a question...will you be our Valentine?" cards that I will have printed up tonight!  Last year I had the boys do these:




I also did individual ones for each kid in my class last year.  I have a much bigger class this year, am super busy not teaching, and basically ain't nobody got time for that.  So one group shot is what we're doing.  One and done, that's what I always say.  I said that once.  (If you know what movie that's from, you're my new bff.)  I won't post a pic because even though I have "permission" to use their pics on the interwebs, I think that was meant for educational purposes and not blogging purposes.  Womp womp.



I am going to "attempt" this pin tonight to take for my co-workers tomorrow as well as the boy's class party.  If it works out, I'll post pics and details and let you know!  If it's a big fat fail, like many of my cooking adventures, I'll probably let you know about that too.  I'm a good blogger like that.



Do yall have any big plans for V-Day?  Love/Hate this holiday?  Do you have any cute ideas for kids/adult Valentines?  Holla atcha girl!



6 comments:

  1. look at you and your overachieving skills! could you please make vday treats for my friends and coworkers and just sign my name? actually, scratch that. I'll even sign it myself and you can critique my handwriting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You crack me up and look at you all craft and shiz. Hate this holiday - still have to buy something and put it together and don't want to. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah 3/1 is my style too. Lol! I need ideas on sayings to go with popcorn for teachers help a sistah out! As for our valentines Jeremy is obsessed with every holiday so we are having a heart themed dinner with the kids and got them candy and reading material and cups. And will go out soon adults only to celebrate him. I got him the latest season of HIMYM AND A JAGS shirt. Freaking caps lock. You know I'm too lazy to fix that shizz

    ReplyDelete
  4. You so crafty! I plan to buy Pete a Sausage Egg McMuffin on my way back from bootcamp class tomorrow morning ("Happy V-day, Sweetie, here's some sodium"). That will be about the extent of my Valentine's day. And your post reminded me that I actually have a Valentine card I can give Pete. It's a "mustache you a question" one I made during a forced trip to Archiver's with friends. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are way too cute! Great ideas! You're hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute ideas! I'm not a big Valentine's Day fan either, but it kicks off a 4 day weekend for us here.

    ReplyDelete