Friday, October 19, 2012

Here's the Skinny

Hey gals (or guys if there are any of you out there reading this...)!  I've been slacking this week, sorry 'bout that.  In my defense, I have been dealing with sicknesses with myself, the chillrens, and the big guy (kinda like my third child when he's sick).  Work has been cuh-razy.  Folks have been gone left and right leaving NO subs for the sick and weary like myself.  I've been sucking it up, but it has definitely SUCKED.  Oh and aside from that, I have been working on a couple of other posts for next week, they just aren't ready yet!  One is for you creative folks with kids, and one is...well...it's gonna be a tearjerker!

Anywho, this weekend C and I are going on a kind of "spur of the moment" trip.  This afternoon we are headed to the Summit to our cabin in Canyon Lake.  We will probably stop in Gruene and eat at our favorite restaurant The Gristmill.  And maybe have a little wine at The Grapevine.  Their "Gruene Market Days" are going on this weekend, so we may do a little shopping too.  Tomorrow, I will be watching Texas A&M BTHO LSU for the majority of the afternoon.  And then we will be heading to Austin to watch Texas vs. Baylor.  I know I know, I'm such a traitor.  He loves me despite my flaws, I can love him despite his!  I love football, so I really don't care who is playing, I'm just excited we will be there! 

Yesterday after an awful day at work (no fault to the kids, just me being sick and the Wicked Witch that was next door to me--whole other post) I headed to town (I sound so country when I say that) for a little retail therapy.  I am always pinning cute outfits on Pinterest, but none of them exist in my closet.  I had an "idea" for an outft, but my "ideas" usually don't pan out, so I didn't get my hopes up.  I'm all about a bargain, so I went to Ross first.  I wasn't really looking forward to trying anything on as that usually ends with me on the verge of tears and leaving empty handed.  But yesterday was different.  For the first time in FOREVER I had to go back out and get a SMALLER SIZE!  HOLLA!!  Now it wasn't an ideal size, but it was still smaller than the previous sizes I've been buying.  And I actually felt GOOD in what I had on.  I didn't cringe when I looked in the mirror.  I may have actually smiled.  Now that's what I call progress.

I am only 9 lbs. down (hopefully I'll get my new measurements done next week so I can total the inches as well), but I can see/feel a difference, as tiny as it may be.  I have a long way to go, but to finally be on my way, seeing results, and feeling good, ooooh it's such a good feeling.  And it is the best motivation to keep on keepin' on (don't judge me, Joe Dirt is awesome).  Ok back to the clothes...I have always had mixed thoughts about skinny jeans.  Well not the jeans themselves, but the people who choose to wear them.  I've never thought that "larger" girls should wear skinny jeans, but that was only because those "larger" girls I saw were always wearing them inappropriately.  Like with muffin top hanging out, flip flops and tank tops.  Lately though I have been seing girls who aren't pixy thin wearing skinny jean in a classy way.  And I started thinking that *maybe* at some point I could pull them off.  So in the dressing room at Ross, I tried on my very first pair of skinny jeans.  And guess what?  I loved them!  I found a cute/classy shirt to wear with them to the football game, and I am excited to wear my new outfit tomorrow night!  That's right, I said I am EXCITED to wear something in PUBLIC!  Madness I know.  It has been a very long time since I have had an outfit in mind that I wanted, was able to find it, fit into it, and purchase it.  I may be one of those "larger" girls that some of you see and think, "She REALLY shouldn't be wearing that!"  But, I dgaf!  Oh and even though my thoughts about skinny jeans on certain women has changed, I still firmly believe that men should NEVER and I mean NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER wear them.  Period.  Ever. 

The last part of my ensembe that I have been dying to have is a pair of hooker boots.  No not thigh high boots with heels, I'm not going all Pretty Woman on yall.  Just the cute "equestrian" boots that all the trendy girls are wearing with leggings and skinny jeans these days.  Yet another purchase I swore I wouldn't make.  I didn't have a lot of time and I had put myself on a budget, so the only place I had looked were at Ross, Target and Shoe Carnival.  I came up empty handed after all three places.  Then as I was heading out of College Station, I decided to stop by Charming Charlie's to look for a bracelet.  I already had a necklace and rings in mind for my outfit, but no bracelet.  I went in, found what I wanted, and just as I was about to check out...I spotted them.  The cutest damn equestrian hooker boots I had ever seen.  I got out of line, went over, tried a pair on, and knew I had to have them.  They were a little more than I had expected, and I wasn't even sure how they would look with my skinny jeans, so I stood there and did my mental pros and cons list.  I finally talked myself out of buying them, after sending C a pic and everything.  I went and bought my bracelet and ran like hell to my car.  Of course as I was backing out C texts me and says to get back in there and buy the boots!  I seriously thought he was stalking me at that point (he says it's not stalking if you love the person bahaha).  He wasn't stalking me, don't worry.  He just knows me well enough that he knew I had talked myself out of getting them and he told me I deserved to indulge a little in ME.  So, put the Edge back in park and went back in.  Luckily they were so busy they didn't notice I had come back in to make another purchase only 5 minutes after leaving.  I bought them and once again ran like hell before I changed my mind, AGAIN.

Well worth the back and forth battle I did with myself :)

I got home, tried everything on together, and for once I am pleased that everything went together just as I had planned.  I have a feeling I may get a little anxiety when it comes time to get dressed and actually wear it all out in public but I'm still excited and we'll cross that bridge when we get there!  Below is a sneak peek at the skinnies (yes I was impatient and had to wear them today).  And also a peek at my failed attempt at the "french braided bangs".  Screw you lady who's hair looked all cute in the pinterest picture.  I'll take my lopsided braid over yours any day!  Just kidding, mine sucks.  I need to win the lottery so I can just pay someone to do my hair everyday.

I'm nervous just posting this pic!

No, I did not let K&K do my hair this morning.  I am 27 and
still can't do anything to my hair besides straighten it or
 put it in a ponytail.  Bite me.

Over and out hoochies.

No comments:

Post a Comment