Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Organized art, kinda

I saw this super cute idea via pinterest (you're going to hear that a lot, so get used to it) and even though school hasn't started yet I knew I had to get it done! If you are a tad on the OCD side and a clean freak in your classroom (like me), you probably dread your Art Center as much as I do. It never fails that things get glued in inappropriate places, pom poms get scattered across the floor like furry little creatures, crayons spill, scissors stab, you get the picture. Art Center can turn into a hot mess in 2.5 seconds flat if you aren't careful (and sometimes even if you are). Once I saw this little "art organizer", I knew I had found my savior.

So, here's what I had to get: 1. Muffin pan 2. Metal pencil holders (found at Dollar Tree, my favorite store). BUT you can use plastic cups, the original idea I saw had clear cups and that is what I planned to use, until I saw the cute metal holders and had to have them. I have no self control. 3. (This is optional) Magnets to glue under cups to hold them in muffin pan and to keep cups from tipping. Next, just fill your cups with whatever art supplies you want out that day/week! I put scissors, glue, markers, crayons, stickers and pom poms to begin. I plan to put a variety of other supplies as the year goes on, those are just the simple items I'm starting with. I haven't put this little organizer to the test yet, but it's super cute, and will no doubt save time, space, and hopefully unneccessary cleanups!



I realize that just because my art supplies are so wonderfully organized does NOT mean that my kids are going to be mess-free. My hope is just that as they learn about cleaning, responsibility, and organization that they will take their time and take care of our supplies. We shall see! Happy (organized) art time!

Holla! 

No comments:

Post a Comment