Thursday, August 16, 2012

Chair Makeover

I have two "teacher" chairs in my classroom; one at my desk, and one at my horseshoe table. Both were equally ugly and in desperate need of a makeover. So, I found some cute fabric, got my trusty staple gun, and went to work! Now, I've heard about some people taking the chair apart to recover it, but the way mine are put together, it wasn't necessary, which made my job even easier. I simply cut the fabric to size and got to stapling. It was a little challenging in the "curvy" parts of the chair, but I only said a few curse words, which in my book means it wasn't difficult at all :) Once I was done with the cute fabric, I got a piece of plain black fabric to cover up my unprofessional work in the back. The new covers can easily be taken off with no damage to the chair if I ever need to remove it.

Ugly Chair #1:

Ugly Chair #2:


I don't get to sit down often, but when I do, my rear will be welcomed by the cutest chairs ever!


May the force be with you.



No comments:

Post a Comment