Thursday, August 23, 2012

Meet the Lil' Monsters Night

After a long week of preparation, and still not having everything done, it was finally "Meet the Teacher" night at my school. I always hate these nights. The kids either act ridiculously crazy or hide behind their parents. Some parents bombard me with a series of questions that make me feel like I'm being interrogated. While others just stare at me waiting for me to say something interesting. Good luck with that. I have a large class this year, which is kind of scary because I don't even have enough seats for them all. But, as always, I will prevail. I will not be defeated by the kid who's Grandma told me to call her if he acts up and she'll bring her switch. Or the kid who ran from his mother (screaming his head off) and then kicked her when she told him to stop doing something. Nope, I'm the Queen of my classroom, and they will not conquer me! It's going to be an interesting year, but I'm ready. I plan to use my last few days of "freedom" to prepare for Monday morning when the fun begins! Here is a pic of the cute treats I gave to all of the little darlings tonight. (This idea and the template for the tags came from: http://www.teachingblogaddict.com/2012/03/teacher-feature-cupcake-for-teacher_04.html)

 
I'm exhausted. Good night!


No comments:

Post a Comment