It's me! It's me! Ok not really, this is probably just a fluke...but it's a start. I finally had some free time where I could be alone with my thoughts and decided I better document them! Life has been crazy busy lately. In case you missed it, here is what happened the last half of my 2013...
- Our annual "End of Summer Vacation" was cut short because of my pesky gallbladder. Spent the first night in Galveston at the ER and headed home the next morning. I was then rushed into emergency surgery to have my gallbladder removed. Fun times. Recovery was a biotch but I survived and was glad to know that the cause of all of my random stomach pains was finally taken care of.
- Kason and Kutter started first grade and started losing their teeth! Exciting times all around, except for the Tooth Fairy, because that bitch is now broke.
- Found out we are expecting a baby that will be joining us around the first week in June, or earlier. We are all dying to know if it's a girl or a boy, but we have to wait one more week!
- My best friend asked me to marry him, and suurrrpprrriiiiiissse, I said YES!
- We bought a house back in the Spring and have slowly been remodeling here and there, so that's an ongoing 2013/2014 project.
So yeah, that is just a tiny glimpse into what has been going on in my world since I went on a blogging hiatus way back when. I've missed it a little, but have enjoyed keeping up with you guys and staying in touch via Facebook and Instagram.
As is mandatory for New Year's everyone has been making and posting New Year's Resolutions and it has been quite fun to read what all of the plans are for 2014. Everyone's all like, "I'm going to run four 1/2 marathons and a full marathon" and I'm over here like, "I'm gonna try not to get out of breath walking from my car to my classroom everyday". I kid, but while crazy workout goals are not in my near future, I do enjoy seeing others work so hard to achieve theirs!
I saw a clip on our local news on January 1st about a sign that was posted for people to write on and instead of "resolutions", people wrote statements that started with "This year I will..." and ended with "...because I said I would." I love that. It's so easy to make resolutions and promise to stick to them, and then fall off the wagon a week later. Sometimes we set unrealistic goals for ourselves and expect immediate changes, setting ourselves up for failure. Which is part of why I love the whole, "because I said I would" thing. No one wants to break their word to themselves. No one wants to lose accountability with themselves. So, that's what I am working on. My, "because I said I would" list. I have a bad case of pregnancy brain these days, so I'm not going to publicize my list until I get my shit together. Plus it gives me another reason to get on this ol' blogger site and write again!
I hope everyone enjoyed Christmas with their loved ones and welcomed 2014 in with nothing less than a stellar buzz/hangover. Mine was fabulous and the only buzz I had was from my Aggies winning the Chik-Fil-A Bowl against Duke, and some sparkling grape juice.
Until next time...