I told y'all about the thing I saw where instead of making New Year's "resolutions", people were asked to write a statement that started with "This year I will..." and ended with "...because I said I would". I really love this because it seems more real and like something (I at least) feel I would hold myself accountable to. Here are my "...because I said I would"s for 2014.
This year I will...
- Pay more attention to my children and love of my life, and less attention to my phone.
- Never be too busy to look at what my children are asking me to look at (no matter how many times I've seen it or how unimportant it may seem). If it's important to them and they want to share it with me, it's important to me.
- Never turn them away when they want to crawl in my lap, sit by me, or anything else that includes them WANTING to be with me. I know those times will come less and less the older they get, so I need to cherish them more now.
- Care less about what people think of me. I make no apologies for who I once was, who I am now, and who I will be in the future. And I mean this in every aspect of my life and in every role I play.
- Worry less and enjoy more.
- Do my best to remember as much about this pregnancy as possible. This will be the last time I ever have a baby growing inside of me and I want to embrace it as much as I can. Every flutter, every kick, every hiccup, every part that I can.
- Savor every moment I have with this baby once he/she is born. I have always felt like I was so stressed when the twins were born, going to school and working and having very little help from their dad, that I was just going through the motions. I remember so little about those first few months that I was home with them and I regret that very much.
- Learn how to be a mom to THREE and not stress about it. I'm never going to be perfect at this parenting thing, but I can do the best I can for my babies.
- Make healthy choices during this pregnancy and even more after baby is born. I want to feel good inside and out. And lezbehonest I want to look damn good in all of the unwanted pictures that will be taken of me with the baby.
- Learn how to say no. To others and to myself. I mean, I am pretty convincing and sometimes that gets me in trouble.
- Go to new places and try new things. Restaurants, foods, vacation spots, stores, hobbies, anything and everything. I love my little comfort zone, but it's time to step out of it. At least every once in a while.
- Watch more F.R.I.E.N.D.S. (jk I'm not sure that's even possible, thanks to TBS and Nick@Nite)...
BECAUSE I FREAKIN' SAID I WOULD!
Ok I know that is a long list. Honestly several of those things go hand-in-hand with each other so once I get the ball rolling with one, everything else should fall into place. I said SHOULD. I could probably double this list, but I ain't got time for all that. No one likes an over-achiever anyway.
I hope that if you're reading this, you too have some "because I said I would"s that will make this year absolutely amazing. If you don't, get that shit started now! The deadline for changing your life isn't January 1st, in case the rest of the world didn't tell you.